Tuesday, January 12, 2010

[Inez] Christmas cookies! (delicious)

This one is going to be a long one, because I made several different kinds of cookies. First of all, my mama Ruby is from Ohio. While she may be a slacker on the buckeye front, I'm willing to carry us. The most important ingredients, of course, are butter and peanut butter. Okay so the most important ingredients are actually peanut butter and chocolate, but isn't that picture impressive? It kind of makes you want to fast for a week just looking at it. I love the holidays.


Becca helped with the sugar cookies.


We made a lot of sugar cookies. Oh crud, are you going to want recipes for these? That will make this post interminably long! I'll put them at the bottom so you can skip them if you want.


Sugar cookies with two kinds of toppings. First I made some the traditional Steigerbuss way with colored sprinkles.


Then I took a break from sugar cookies to make peppermint pinwheel cookies, which are pretty much sugar cookies with extras (cocoa and peppermint).






Then I frosted the rest of the sugar cookies with Royal icing! Celeste stayed up until 1 am with me frosting these buggers.




Here's the loot:



(Recipes will come after I get them from my mom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment