Saturday, March 20, 2010

[Inez] Bikes can be beautiful

I got a new bike in February. It is not beautiful -- in fact, I think it's kind of ugly. It's a road bike, but it came with flat handlebars and it's all black and yellow.. here, I'll just show you.

Let's just talk for a minute about the mish-mash of parts and colors. The frame is black, yellow, white, red, and grey. The hubs are orange. The little thing on the seat post (what is that thing called?) is red. The tires are black and purple. Aaaand my seat bag is green. Awesome.

It's got nice parts, though. It's a good bike. My job now is to beautify it. Oh, and switch the handlebars. I'm not into the whole road-bike-but-trying-to-be-a-mountain-bike thing. I just want a road bike.

So, with Colin's help (who knows so much more about bikes than me, or most of the population) here's the plan: switch the flat bars for drop bars, paint the bike, maybe switch the seat post thing, and eventually switch out the seat. The hubs I'm going to have to get used to. Colin says my wheels are really good.



1 comment:

  1. OK, one of my favorite things about these photos are the glimpses of you and Collin in the mirror. I think the pink tape is fabulous.

    Ru

    ReplyDelete