Wednesday, April 11, 2012

[Inez] Tiered coconut cake

I may have mentioned that I'm going to be making my dear friend Steph's wedding cake this June. The plan is a three tier cake (12 inch, 9 inch, 6 inch) with layers in chocolate, hazelnut, and vanilla. The hazelnut is for Steph, the chocolate is because it's damn delicious, and the vanilla is for weirdos who don't like chocolate and/or are allergic to tree nuts. Okay, there's nothing weird about being allergic to tree nuts, I just don't know why you would pick vanilla over chocolate in that situation.

Anyway, my moms gave me a frosting decorating tip set for Christmas, which I will be needing to use for between the tiers on the wedding cake. Ruby came to visit (so long ago, now...) and we made a coconut cake in differently sized tiers and then we played around with the icing bag thingy.


This is not what the wedding cake will look like. There won't be any coconut shavings and there won't be any pink and that whole side won't be drooping.... but this was fun to put together and delicious to make. Coconut cake. Did you know it's one of the best things ever?


P.S. Sorry for the crappy nighttime pictures. If I don't take pictures at night I will never take pictures again, it seems.


No comments:

Post a Comment