Wednesday, May 16, 2012

[Inez] Wedding Cupcakes

The trial portion of the wedding cake preparation continues. I am still tweaking my hazelnut cake recipe, and still looking for the perfect vanilla cake recipe. I will probably have to make two more cakes this weekend. In the mean time, I made some hazelnut cupcakes over the weekend to test for flavor. I busted out the piping tips to get a bit more familiar with the mechanics of piping before I have to make pretty borders between the tiers of the wedding cake.

I don't really have a whole lot of commentary for this post. I watched some videos on piping and I'll be watching them again. In the mean time, learning the feel of it and what works and what doesn't is helpful.


I used a marbled frosting (chocolate and vanilla cream cheese) because that's what will be on the cake (chocolate between layers, vanilla cream cheese frosting on the outside of the cake).





1 comment:

  1. These are so cute. I love the two tone effect of the icing. And the woven one- how fancy!

    ReplyDelete