Sunday, November 11, 2012

[Inez] Birthday cake

Okay, so this is a month late, but I made myself a pretty birthday cake and I wanted to share it with you. I seem to be going through a hot pink thing right now (you should see my nails), and I like to have fun with my cake decorating, so I made the whole thing hot pink. I used this very cool, very time-consuming frosting method I learned about from the internet on the coconut cake I've told you about before. it starts like this:


This has basically a thick crumb coat/thin base coat. Then you squeeze on little drops of frosting with a pastry bag and smooth it out with a spoon or a narrow spatula. Like so:


I only did the top so that I could still coat the sides in toasted coconut (omg so delish), but I think it turned out quite nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment