Saturday, October 31, 2009

[Elise] _______ Bread

So, today I didn't have enough time to get to the grocery store, nor have I gotten my sister's zucchini bread recipe yet, so for my _____ bread, in the Halloween spirt, I made pumpkin bread. I found a simple recipe that worked with my sparse pantry. Instead of walnuts, like the recipe suggested, I used 3/4 c dried currants. The recipe also called for 3 small (3x7") loaf pans, so I used one 10" circular pan.

(Instead of grocery shopping, I explored an abandoned cemetery in the woods with some friends)


Because it was big and round, it was just begging to be frosted with cream cheese frosting. I whipped some up with a recipe from the Joy of Cooking, which went just perfectly.


Because the recipe only called for cinnamon and nutmeg, the currants and frosting added just enough to make the bread interesting. Perfect to curl up with to watch The Night of The Living Dead with.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment: