Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blueberry-raspberry-banana muffins

Raise your hand if you like muffins.

Okay, the rest of you can just leave my classroom. I can't relate to you at all. I mean, what's not to love about muffins? They're full of carbs and fruit, two of the best things in the world. I may have gone a little overboard with these muffins, but can you really blame me for wanting bananas, blueberries, and raspberries in the same package?

For these muffins I used Tato's Basic Muffin Recipe with a couple of alterations and additions (namely, way more fruit than can reasonably be expected in a batch of muffins). I'm just going to say it: they were delicious. I mean, otherwise they wouldn't be on a blog called "Beatiful/Delicious," now would they?



Even the kitty agrees!



Tato's Basic Muffin Recipe (Inez-style)

Preheat oven to to 400F. Seriously, do it now. It will take longer for the oven to heat than for you to put these muffins together.

  • 2 c flour (all white or half white, half whole wheat -- for this batch I used about 1/3 whole wheat, 2/3 white)
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 c sugar (increase to 1/3 c for sweeter muffins)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 c canola oil
  • 1 c milk
  • a splash of lemon juice
  • a whole bunch of blueberries, raspberries, and sliced bananas (berries can be frozen or fresh)
Combine dry (flour, bp, salt, sugar) and wet (egg, oil, milk, lemon juice) ingredients in separate bowls.
Grease one muffins pan that holds 12 muffins. Place in heated oven for 1-2 minutes.
Combine wets, dries, and fruit. Do not overmix! Some lumps are okay.
Put batter immediately in heated muffin pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment