Tuesday, April 19, 2011

[Inez] Baby blanket

Hey Elise, look what I finished!


I had to wait until after I visited Costa Rica to post it, because I didn't think Ili knew about the blog, but I wasn't sure. But anyway, here it is folks: my first baby blanket. Also my first quilting project. I know these big triangles are quilting-lite, but it was still hard. Precision, it turns out, is really important. Wait, that wasn't stressed enough. It's really important. The good news is, it was all straight lines, and the fabric wasn't as ridiculously finicky as the stuff I made curtains with.


I lined it with felt, so practically he won't be using it that much. But I figured since I'm the auntie from the north it fell on me to make him a warm blanket.

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Yes, precision is important, but I hate to break it to you, that's tecccchnically not quilting, but piecework. The quilting bit is where you stitch between all the layers and the batting to make nice patterns (or more practically to keep the batting from shifting around).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I didn't know that. I did sew the patterned side to the felt, but I followed existing seams rather than creating any new patterns with the stitching. The flannel underside wasn't sewn to the other layers except on the sides though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need to create new patterns, like if you had gone over all the existing seams that would count.

    ReplyDelete