Wednesday, February 24, 2010

[Inez] Inez to Elise! Come in, Elise!

Alternate title: This is Bowie to Bowie, can you hear me out there, man?

So, it's February 24. That means two things. First of all, tomorrow is my baby sister's birthday! ("Baby" to distinguish her from my "little" sister. They're both, as you well know, actually getting really tall.) Happy almost birthday, Christina!



Second, and more importantly to this blog, it's almost March. What do you think should be our March theme? My mom recently made this AMAZING cake for Celeste's birthday (because you know Celeste would rather everything in the world be blue, maybe).


It's pretty inspiring, right? I kind of want to have our March theme be Things With Ridiculous Amounts of Food Coloring. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. I think ridiculous amounts of food coloring should be saved for April, what with Easter and all. We could do Irish food... It could be interesting. Or we could get through the last stretch of winter with soups. Chocolate? Those are my ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're so right about Easter. We'll hold off on food coloring. What do the Irish eat besides Irish soda bread and potatoes? I agree in theory about soup but I've been pretty much subsisting entirely on soups for the past month. Maybe we could do a personal challenge month? Each pick something that daunts us and do it? For example, meringue totally daunts me, or we could try angel food cake again or something like that. Or, chocolate is *always* good. Oh also, Purim is this weekend. We could do the Jewish food thing we were talking about before. Bagels, hamentaschen, rugelach... okay I guess I mostly know Jewish baked goods/holiday food. Well, we've got a few days to decide. Going back to your soup thing -- we mostly do sweets, it could be good to do a savory month. Or also I just recently got Tato's basic muffin recipe. We could do muffins for a month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait so did we decide on a theme? I can't remember.

    Maybe something having to do with the "in like a lion, out like a lamb" saying...?

    ReplyDelete