Saturday, August 8, 2009

[Inez] Birthday cake (chocolate, of course)

In my family, while our birthday cakes have different trappings -- flavored frosting, fruit filling, etc -- they're almost always the same cake. Chocolate compost cake. Except for Celeste -- she the adventurous one (who doesn't really like chocolate). Anyway, Jamie's birthday was July 30, and she likes German Chocolate Cake.


Ruby made the cake and I made the icing. It has a chocolate ganache between the layers, hidden cleverly (if I do say so myself) behind a ring of coconut-pecan frosting, topped with more coconut-pecan. I actually did end up frosting the sides, too, but I thought it looke pretty like this. And delicious.


Oh, and the beautiful in the background (the bouquet), that was my doing as well. Well, really mostly Ruby's doing, since she grew all the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment