Sunday, August 23, 2009

[Inez] Welcome to DC. (Gosh, thanks!)

So, I'm moved in to my new house in Washington, DC. Whoa, right? Life after school. It's mine.

This evening I cooked my first real meal here. Jamie was here for a few days, and she did some cooking, and since then I've kind of been eating Wheaties and pb&j. So anyway, I went to Safeway today and got the essentials of cheap cooking -- flour, sugar, baking soda, etc. Oh, and brownie mix. The push to finally make this move into actually living here was that I realized I had eggs, milk, spinach, cheese, and butter. Which basically means that all I was missing for quiche was flour.

Welcome to cooking for one.


Have you ever cooked just 7 asparagus spears? They look so sad and lonely all by themselves on the toaster oven tray. Delicious, but lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment