Friday, August 28, 2009

[Inez] Plum cake

Jamie bought me a bag of plums when she was here, which of course I forgot about. So I made plum cake in the interest of not letting them go to waste. We all know cake will never go to waste in my house.


It's Ruby's recipe -- that is to say, it's the Joy of Cooking's spice cake, with a twist that Ruby thought up.




I seem to have lost some kitchen items in the move. Namely: measuring cup, measuring spoons, whisks, spring form pan, 6-muffin tin.... You know, the things I pretty much use the most. Luckily I didn't lose this silicone cake pan (can you really call it a pan if it's silicone?) so I used it for the cake.



So anyway, this was my dinner.



4 comments:

  1. Inez, your blog is incredible. It is making me hungry. I really had no appetite until I saw the fork resting beside that slice of plum cake. What kind of camera do you use? The device plus your excellent camera skillz make beautiful pictures.

    -Ariella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an Olympius Camedia. It was a high school graduation present, and it's treated me well ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha dinner. nice. also, i lost hella stuff in the move as well. wtf man.

    ReplyDelete