Saturday, April 17, 2010

[Elise] Six Weeks: T-43 Days

Ok. In a massive move of procrastination (and really it does need to get done, just maybe not right now) I have made a list of every food item I have. This happened out of an absolute necessity to reorganize my cupboard, where until a few hours ago I had things stacked precariously and other things hidden I had forgotten I had. As I began to slowly remove items from the cupboard, I realized that with two years of food stores built up and a little over a month until I move, I had better make a list of things the should get used before moving.

So, while waiting for my "Ugly" Cake to cool (post forthcoming) I decided to post the list, as a challenge to myself for the next six weeks, and I will try to post at least one thing a week made from this list. The list also includes current perishables that need to be used much sooner. The lavender and beef bouillon I don't need to use up, they're just been sitting in my cupboard for a long time and I think add and interesting touch to the list.
 Ideas welcome!!!

Meanwhile, because I don't have any pictures to give you of my list, here are some Spring flower pictures I've taken so far.

1 Sweet Potato
1 Yam
3 med. Red Onions
1 sm. Yellow Onion
Frozen Peas
Frozen Brocolli
Frozen Corn
2 stalks Rhubarb
Frozen Raspberries
2 lg. Jonagold Apples
2 Frozen Bananas
1 pkg. Strawberries
1 jar Lingonberry Preseres
½ jar Habañero Jam
lots of median grain White Rice
½ c White Quinoa
½ c Red Quinoa
1 c dry Black Beans
2 c Wild Rice
lots of Oat Meal
3 egg yolks
1 can Evaporated Milk
1 c Chocolate Chips
½ c Cocoa Powder
2 T Vanilla Sugar
3/4 c Powdered Sugar
1 c Molasses
2 c Corn Syrup
2½ c Dried Currants
1 c Whole Raw Almonds
1 pkg. Yeast
lots of Bread Crumbs
lots of Bread Flour
½ can Coconut Milk
Red Curry Paste
Cooking Lavender
Beef Bouillon

1 comment:

  1. Oh please save some lingonberry till you get here!

    You could do brittle with the corn syrup.
    Currants should obviously become scones.

    Did you really sit there and measure all this stuff? You're in trouble.

    ReplyDelete