Thursday, April 8, 2010

[Inez] Easter (hot cross buns)

I went to visit my Cleveland relatives for Easter. I was asking what we were doing Saturday and what I could help make -- but all the jobs were pretty much taken. So I offered to make hot cross buns. I made hot cross buns once before (at Haverford) but I totally overbaked them and I don't think I posted them because I was embarrassed at having made such a careless error. These ones turned out well though!


I'm sorry to say that I came up with a recipe that was kind of a composite of a couple recipes I found online, and I left the scrap of paper in Cleveland. So I can't give you a recipe. But I can give you pictures!


Most recipes I've seen call for scalded milk, but this one wanted powdered milk. Luckily my relatives like camping, so they had powdered milk.


Yummm raisins.


Tip: make the royal icing for the crosses a bit thicker than you think it should be. My crosses were a little bit runny. But on the whole, tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment