Monday, April 19, 2010

Lemon-blackberry cupcakes + colors!



I have been dreaming about these cupcakes for a month. Okay, not these specific cupcakes. Mostly cupcakes with THIS MUCH COLOR. Sorry the pictures kind of suck, it was night time.


I made these lemon cupcakes but with less lemon and the addition of blackberries. 




So, lemon-blackberry cupcakes with cream cheese (+colors!) frosting. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with this cake recipe. It felt a little heavy to me. I don't think I did anything wrong. I think next time I would just make a tried-and-true white cake recipe and a bunch of lemon zest.


Anyway, that's not really the important part. The important part is that then I made some cream cheese frosting (recipe below), divided it into 4 parts, and made it colorful.




I got this jar of 6 different kinds of sprinkles not too long ago, so obviously I went crazy. I don't know if you can tell, but the neon sprinkles on the cupcake in the foreground are dinosaurs. What! and the red and blue and yellow ones in the background are cars and trucks. The coolest. And pretty tasty, too.




Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 8 oz cc
  • 6 oz butter
  • ~2 t milk
  • 1 1/2 c confectioners sugar
  • food coloring!
Cream the cream cheese (ha) and butter. Add the milk. Gradually sift in the confectioners sugar. Mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment