Tuesday, February 10, 2009

[Elise] Winter Break 1/3: Truffles

So my big contribution to the truffle/buckeye/chicken pot pie night was the truffles. The other two I was only around to eat and drool over. The truffles, as Inez mentioned earlier are a family recipe, given to me by my uncle. And while, yes, they are rediculously simple to make (but somewhat difficult to make pretty) I was still sworn to some relative secrecy at the age of 17 when I finally got the recipe (after all I've been told they have the power to make people fall in love with you... or at least in love with the truffles). The flavoring, however, is left to the discretion of the chocolatier, so this year I made my traditional pumpkin pie spice and a variety of liqueurs (in honor of having turned 21), the best of which was Chambord, making a delicious raspberry truffle.

So because Inez has already posted many of the 'making of' photos, I'll limit myself to mostly finished product pictures. This year was the first year I marked the flavor of the truffle using white chocolate.


Melted chocolate!


Truffles, just dipped




The final product, packed up and ready to ship out.


No comments:

Post a Comment