Friday, February 27, 2009

[Elise] Afghan Ambitions

So with my month away from yarn, and the success of my first large scale project, my mind has been cooking up some colorful afghan plans. Now they are begining to materialize. I ordered yarn and a pair of needles from a place in the UK that had some cheap nice looking yarn (search "chunky acrylic yarn" I decided on colors 8, 14, 15, and 16). The afghan will be a patchwork blanket, however instead of knitting a bunch of small squares and stiching them together, I found a lovely pattern that knits each square directly from the previous squares. This should also solve my problem of getting very sick of working with just one color. I spent awhile playing in photoshop with color swatches coming up with patterns, and the one I liked best was one I created using a random number generator (for numbers 1-4) and then changed the edges just a bit so I'd be using the same amount of yarn in each color. I'll update more as yarn arrives and things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment